Friday, May 8, 2009

Thank You Poem

Dallin wrote this poem at school. I couldn't resist sharing.

Thank You Poem

Mom and Dad, there's so much to thank you for. . .
For Harrison, Haven, and help.
For Lydia, life, and love.
For Happy Birthdays, and Solemn Assemblies.
For reading, writing, and religion.

Thank you for encouraging my learning.
For honesty, my house, and happiness.
For Legos, laughter, and love.
For teaching me right from wrong.
Thank you for daily food.
For bikes, books, and birthday parties.
For clothes, computers, and your confidence.
For quiet prayers and joyous singing.

Thank you for health and strength.
For Maxwell, Micah, and music.
For responsibility, respect, and real love.
Thank you for being mine.

Thank you for life.
Dallin Jeffrey Dahl

12 comments:

Heidi said...

What a wise son you raised! I can only imagine the types of things I was writing about at his age!

This one is a keeper. The poem I mean. Well Dallin too but I guess that was a given.

ej said...

what. you've got to be kidding me. that is the sweetest poem ever. I'm thinking I'll be happy if I get one such poem from my adult children some day! Love that Dallin.

Greg R. said...

Poem writing is in my genes!

That is very sweet. Great job Dallin!

Jackie B. said...

ok. that is SO sweet! i am totally teary-eyed!

Barlow Fam said...

Greg is right, it's in his genes. What a beautiful poem. Good job Dallin!

Dahl Family said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! What a beautiful poem. It's so nice to hear his thoughts on life and his blessings. Dallin is so talented!

Gabriela Hull said...

That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Anne said...

That is so sweet. How mature he is to recognize those things in his life that are such blessings, that most kids don't even notice.

Suzie Petunia said...

Wow! What talent! That really was very beautiful.

Waverly said...

I had 2 do the same exact poem thingy for my parent/teacher confrence!


:)--Wavers G.

(pdaisy.blogspot.com)

muth said...

Wow!!! Incredible poem, incredible kids, and incredible parents!!! I love your blog. Lots of love, Aunt Kay

quadmom said...

Oh my goodness-what a smart boy! What a sweet poem. He definitely got your writing skills Amber. I love your blog Amber. Such a beautiful baby girl and such adorable boys you have. I loved all of those pictures from father's and son's. Thanks for commenting on my blog Amber. I hope that you're doing well. I'm never too busy to talk to you my friend. My kids nap from about 12 until 4, so call whenever. Love you lots Amber!!