Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recording the Love

Recently, Maxwell has taken to recording his feelings in his journal. In fact, on Sunday I went to check on the boys, and he and Micah were sitting in their bedroom with their journals open. I expressed my pleasure at seeing them involved in such a worthwhile activity. Max responded, "What? I'm just writing about my family." His words: "I love my family. I love them so much."

It is so fun to see a little bit of Max's perspective-- especially because it's a happy perspective! I was particularly pleased to see him include his mom in his journal. He brought home a gratitude book from school with pages for all kinds of things he was grateful for. Somehow I didn't make that cut.

Here are a few of his endearing journal entries-- devoted to Dad, Mom, and Dallin:

Playing tennis together.

Playing Skipbo together.

Computing together.

We love you too, Max.

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Ok, thanks for the reminder/wake up call. Going to slow down a little and play some board or card games with my kids. So cute Amber, thanks for sharing :)

ej said...

I love how Max always rights "Me Max" for himself on each of the pictures, SO adorable!