Thursday, May 17, 2012

Miss Mischief

 
Look at this face!  You'd never guess she tried to get us all thrown in jail a couple of times last weekend.  While shopping on our girls' night, she found some sheets with a to-die-for pink and purple print, and immediately concealed them surreptitiously at the bottom of the stroller.  Luckily, I was watching her shenanigans and put them back.  It should have tipped me off, however, that she was likely to repeat that behavior.  A few minutes later she showed me some darling, pink, jelly shoes that were about four sizes too small for her.  After commenting on her wonderful taste in shoes, I asked her to put them back.  We then went to the skirt section, then to the dressing rooms before Lucy let us know her good-behavior window was over.  We headed to the front, paid for our purchases, and went to leave, when the alarm buzzed.  The friendly sales clerk offered to check if they had left a buzzer-setter-offer thing on our purchases.  Nope.  So, we tried to leave again.  Same thing.  I peeked into our stroller and was mortified to see those darling pink jelly shoes.  “Hmm, I guess we were trying to steal something!”  I exclaimed with a nervous laugh.  Less laughter emitted from the friendly sales clerk as he took the pink police magnets from my hand.  Let’s hope it’s not a sign of things to come for Lydia.

No comments: