Monday, August 6, 2012

Very Pink

Genuine Kids from OshKosh™ Infant Toddler Girls Short-Sleeve Dress - Chambray 

My brother once said to me, "If it's not on sale, it's not for sale."  I am that kind of girl.  I am not drawn to measly 30% clearance signs.  I feel so insulted that the store takes a couple bucks off the price, calls it a clearance sale, and expects you to trip over yourself getting there before everything's gone.  But the other day I was drawn to the real clearance rack at Target-- the 50% clearance rack.  It seemed to be like a blinking green traffic light-- blinking to get my attention, and green, calling "buy, buy!"  (Not the blinking yellow arrows that have popped up everywhere, and no one is sure exactly what they mean-- are they just the same as a solid green light-- left turns yielding to through traffic, but just more annoying like people dancing with Liberty Tax and Little Ceasars Pizza signs?  But I digress.)

I rifled through these on-sale, thus for-sale clothes, and came across  this dress-- cute, check.  Flowers, check.  Lydia's size, check. " Lydia, do you like this dress?"

"No.  It's not very. . . pink."

Fair point.  Now adding very pink to my checklist.

No comments: