Monday, August 25, 2008

In Common

What do these two people have in common?

They both love milk? No.

They both like to eat fish? No.

They both love trivia and books and are in my immediate family? Yes, but these facts digress from the topic at hand.

Not one, but BOTH of these amazing people have articles published in the September issue of the Friend magazine. I am honored to share your last name, Heidi and Dad. Or to have once shared your last name, or that we all used to share the same last name. . . you get the picture. Check out Mikey's Gift and President Grant's Example in the September issue of the Friend-- not online yet, but coming soon. Congratulations, guys.

11 comments:

Clark said...

Heidi has an article in the same issue? Or are you talking about an earlier September issue? Either way, that's still exciting. Sometimes I publish articles on my blog. Guess I have the same thing in common.

Heidi said...

Hey thanks for the post! I am so excited...now if I can just get a hold of a copy since I don't subscribe to the friend!

Amber said...

Yes Clark, BOTH in SEPTEMBER 2008! Isn't that amazing!

Nat said...

That is Great! What a talented Family!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

How exciting. Thanks for letting me know. We just got our this week. Now I am going to have to look harder at the names.

When are we going to see your name in the magazines?

Rachel said...

Wow! Your family IS so talented! All of you, writing the Church doctrine. I can't wait to read those articles! No wonder you're the official Dahl Poet Laureate . . . I mean, look at your roots. :)

Jackie B. said...

awesome! I'll have to borrow my brother-in-laws issue!

Nat said...

I read both stories and loved them. Please express this to your family. Great Job!

c said...

Amber! So fun to have found your blog about your sweet family! Send me an email so I can invite you to ours. I'd love to keep in touch!
--Carmelle
dcpoors@msn.com

quadmom said...

Hi Amber, that is so neat about your dad an Heidi! I didn't know that you had a blog. I'm so glad to be able to check out your family! I love all the pictures of your cute kids!

ej said...

Hey that is so fun, I used your Dad's story in our FHE just because I thought it was cool that I knew the Author's daughter :)