Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Baptism

On Saturday, July 5th I got baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I promised to follow Jesus Christ, always remember Him, and keep His commandments. When my dad put me under the water, I was shocked how quick it was! I felt as if there had been a burning fire inside me. My cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and one of my friends all wrote notes and congratulated me after I was dry, my hair was combed, and I was in my baptism dress. After my baptism, I got confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. Now, I have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion. I loved getting baptized!



5 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Congratulations Haven. That is so exciting. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kandis said...

Congrats HAVEN!!!! We're so proud and excited for you. You looked beautiful in your dress, wish we could have been there!

Ken Dahl said...

Congratulations Haven. It was great to see you last month. You are so grown up. You are beautiful in your white baptismal dress.

ej said...

Haven, congratulations on your baptism. And thank you for sharing your experience with all of us, my children loved hearing about it. Kennedy loves your dress too :)

tangi said...

Haven you're such a beautiful girl! Wish we could have been there. Thank you for sharing your feelings.